Let us help provide the necessary information to ensure you are making a wise decision before you commit. For added security, consider supplementing your assessment with our specialty inspections targeting sewer scope, water testing, foundation certs, mold testing, and water testing.
Contact us at (360) 480-9602 to schedule a detailed evaluation.
Our Environmental Assessment Options
Worried about the well-being of your property? Rest assured your investment is sound and secure with screening and testing for the following possible concerns:
A sewer camera inspection before you purchase the home will help ensure that the main sewer line is free of problems that can cause headaches after your move in. Protect your investment and avoid expensive repairs!
What is a sewer camera inspection?
- The inspector inserts a flexible rod with a high-resolution camera, 100 feet into your main sewer line.
- Real-time image transmission allows the inspector to determine the condition of the inside of the pipe and understand any existing or potential problems.
Why do I need a sewer camera inspection?
- Water back-up inside the house
- Large trees in the yard
- Significant soil settlement
- Clay sewer pipes
- Drop in sidewalks
- 20+-year-old house
What types of problems will the camera identify?
- Tree Roots – Gaps in piping allow tree roots to enter the sewer line. As the roots grow, the pipe can crack and break.
- Low Areas – Low areas collect water and solid waste, causing poor flow through the pipe.
- Debris – Items become lodged in the sewer line, preventing the flow of waste through the pipe.
- Offsets – Sections in the piping can separate, causing an offset in the piping. Solid waste may not clear this offset, and wastewater will seep into the surrounding soil, causing further settlement and eventual breakdown of the piping.
- Pipe Collapse – Significant soil settlement around an offset or low area, can cause complete pipe collapse.
Private Well Users
Well Water Users should test their water regularly to ensure clean quality water.
If you are purchasing a home or if your water quality hasn't been tested for a while, we recommend that you schedule a well water quality test right away.
All Private Well Users, at the minimum, should check for Coliform Bacteria every year, and every other year for Nitrates.All Well Water Testing lab results are emailed, normally within 5-10 business days.
Real Estate Transactions
Well Water testing as a requirement for real estate loan processing is becoming more common.
In the real estate market, we understand that time is money. Real Estate transactions including the loans, whether conventional, FHA or VA require testing of well water as a condition of the mortgage.
Which Test is Required for Loan processing?
Q: Which water tests are required for a Conventional Loan?
A: The water test requirement is at the home loan provider’s discretion. In most cases, it is at least Coliform Bacteria and Nitrates.
Q: Which water tests are required for HUD, FHA, VA, and Rural Development home loans?
A: Coliform Bacteria, E-Coli, Nitrites, Nitrates, and Lead.
Basis Test includes:
- Coli-formE Coli
- E Coli, Nitrate
Prolonged exposure to mold can be dangerous, especially for those with allergies. Our certified mold technicians can help identify what you’re up against and give advice on how to remedy the situation. Discuss your concerns with our scheduling team or the inspector on site, and we will recommend the service that best fits your needs.
We offer sprinkler system inspections for an additional fee during the months of April-October (or when the sprinklers are in the “On” position during the inspection and it isn’t too cold).
We turn on each sprinkler zone manually using the control panel and then check for leaks, sprinklers not functioning properly, and sprinklers that may be spraying the house or not covering areas of the lawn.
Protecting Investments Since 2004
Since 2004, Boggs Inspections Services as been an industry leader in residential, commercial, and specialty inspections. Browse our full list of services, helpful resources, and customer reviews to learn more and see why you should choose Boogs Inspection Services. If you have additional questions, or would like to schedule an inspection, call us at (360) 480-9602 — we would love to hear from you.
We proudly serve Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Shelton, Dupont, Tacoma, and the surrounding area.